Although beer is only the third most popular drink after water and tea, it is considered the world’s favorite alcoholic beverage. Indeed, there are now more varieties of beer to choose from than ever before. From ales to lagers, you’ll be greeted with shelves of fascinating brews when you walk into any booze shop. So, how do you pick a beer for the day?
Here are a few tips to help you choose a beer depending on your drinking style and preference:
- If you’re only looking to get drunk and don’t care much about the taste, consider getting an American Macro Lager.
- If you’re looking for something easy and refreshing to drink outdoors on a hot day, and don’t mind the bitter hop taste, try a Pilsner. Pilsner is also a great choice when running around breaking a sweat and would like to have an easy time.
- Wheat Beer is a great choice for those looking for something refreshing to enjoy outside on any day but don’t like the bitter taste of hops. You can enjoy wheat beer with some light and refreshing food.
- Farmhouse/Saison is a great outdoor drink for those who love a challenge or those looking for a fun and funky beer.
- If you’re looking to get really drunk on a cold night, you can go for Barrel-aged Stout, especially if you love roasted coffee. Alternatively, you can choose Barleywine if you don’t like the taste of roasted coffee.
- If you’re just looking for something to enjoy on a cold night without necessarily getting drunk, then Porter or Stout is a good option.
- Pale Ale and Ipa are great outdoor drinks for people who love hoppy beers
- If you’re having food or dessert and want a beer to go along with your meal, then Sour is the right drink for you.
These are just a few of the beer styles that you’re likely to experience at this year’s Edmonton International Beerfest. Starting on April 1st at the Shaw Conference Center, beer lovers can look forward to sampling from over 200 different types of beer from both local and international vendors.
With Edmonton’s top and most popular beer serving establishments represented, as well as an entirely new line-up of entertainment, this year’s BeerFest is shaping up to be a blast. The event has sold out six years in a row, so get your ticket today!
Photo Credit: FreeImages.com/ Mourad Mokrane