Our Response to COVID-19
March 13th, 2020
(Edmonton, AB – March 2020)
First, we at Edmonton International BeerFest would like to express our gratitude for your patience in waiting for an update to our response regarding COVID-19 pandemic.
Our leadership team has been closely monitoring the situation to ensure we are ready to enact any measures necessary to protect from the spread of this virus.
As you know, the risk remains low in Canada, but the situation is evolving rapidly. In light of this, and the deep care and concern that we have for our exhibitors, partners, volunteers and attendees we have made the difficult decision to postpone the event. The date for this will be announced once the situation has stabilized. We will update ticket holders and exhibitors as more information becomes available.
We encourage everyone to continue following the recommended prevention measures below:
- Wash your hands often and well
- Avoid touching your face, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Clean and disinfect surfaces that are frequently touched
- Stay at home and away from others if you are feeling ill
- When sick, cover your cough and sneezes and then wash your hands
- For up to date information on how things are evolving in Alberta, this is an excellent site.
We would also like to recognize that without your support, Edmonton International Beerfest would not be entering our 15th year. We are thankful for your understanding during this unprecedented time, and we look forward to connecting with you at BeerFest 2020.